People and Place

This blog is for the learning log and assignments for the third OCA course - People and Place

Sunday 22 July 2012

Learning Evaluation

I’ve gained a lot of confidence with this part of the course and learned a lot about framing, lighting (particularly reflectors and diffused flash), composition, rapport, backgrounds, positioning of the sitter and the effects of different poses.

My initial trepidation with this type of photography has been allayed to some degree, to the extent that I’m reasonably happy about taking portraits if required. Whether or not I move into this area seriously remains to be seen. It would require an investment into lighting equipment and setting up a studio, so it’s unlikely just now. However, it’s not out of the question.

I’m pleased I embarked on this voyage. It’s made me look into aspects which I’ve been avoiding. It’s also reminded me that I should concentrate on the job in hand and be more vigilant regarding what’s in the frame (or isn’t)!

No comments:

Post a Comment