People and Place

This blog is for the learning log and assignments for the third OCA course - People and Place

Friday 5 April 2013

Learning Evaluation

This has been a steep learning curve for me. I’d never realised the impact of including people in an architectural or landscape image. This has brought home to me how much an image is brought to life by the inclusion of people (or a person).

The way that people can be used – particularly unrecognisable people – has opened my eyes. I particularly like the silhouette, moving and many people applications. This aspect has changed the way I look at potential images of places.

It’s again reinforced the value of talking to people. During the exercises and the assignment I’ve been able to make people more relaxed and happy to have their photographs taken. When I was taking photographs for the assignment I managed to get people to really open up, which gave me an insight into what they thought about the place and where they’d come from. I took portrait images which I later gave them as thanks for their participation.

It’s been a difficult part to complete, mainly because of the weather which has not only restricted the availability of some places (driving there etc.) but has caused me more work outside the photography. I’ve met some challenges with this part of the course, but I think I’ve overcome them. Now I’m looking forward to meeting the challenge of the final assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment