People and Place

This blog is for the learning log and assignments for the third OCA course - People and Place

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Project : Medium telephoto

As can be seen in the majority of the images I’ve taken in this part I find it easiest to use a telephoto lens for this type of photography.

My main reason for this is that close contact with the subject is unnecessary. I can be ignored by the subject and still get close-up images.

In the ‘daily life’ section of Michael Freeman’s, ‘Photographing People’, there are sub-sections on ‘medium telephoto’ and ‘long lenses’ which extol the use of these lenses, not only because of the remoteness of the photographer, but also for their relatively short depth of field which allows the separation of the subject from his / her surroundings. There are problems associated with the use of these lenses, but I’ll cover these in the next exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment