People and Place

This blog is for the learning log and assignments for the third OCA course - People and Place

Monday 13 May 2013

Back Garden Blossfeldts

Sorry I couldn’t make the study day – just a too far for me I’m afraid. I have, however, had a look in the back garden and come up with a few possibilities for the challenge. They’ve all used a 150 mm / 2.8 Sigma macro lens:

Here’s a daisy treated with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 with a red filter and simulating Kodak ISO 32 Panatomix X film. Have you spotted the red spider mite?

I used a 4 x close up filter on the front of the macro and used three frame bracketing for this close-up of a kalanchoe (in the conservatory which is nearly in the back garden). I used HDR to bring out the details.


And finally a close up of an astrantia which really is in the back garden – single frame with tone mapping and increased structure.
Don’t you just love macro?

2 comments: